The richness of flavor from the slow cooking process is one of the benefits of preparing soups in crockpots. Today, I'm going to share three delicious crockpot soup recipes with you, which are great comfort foods any time of year.
Soup with Beans
16 Bean Soup
- 1 package 16 Bean Soup
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp crushed oregano
- 2 cans of non-fat chicken stock
- Additional water to cover
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 lb turkey Italian sausage sliced
- 2 cans stewed or diced tomatoes
- In a Crock-Pot, combine the first 5 ingredients (liquid should cover the mixture by 1′′-2′′).
- Cook for 2 hours on high. Cook for an additional 3 hours on low with the remaining ingredients.
- When adding the second set of ingredients, add cayenne or crushed red pepper for extra zing.
- Serve as a main course or over rice.
- Freezes well.
Nutritional Information: Calories - 119 g | Fat - 0.4 g | Cholesterol - 1.5 mg | Sodium - 719.5 mg | Carbohydrate - 7.5 g | Fiber - 14.5 g | Protein 9.3 g
Beef and Vegetable Soup
Vegetable Beef Soup
- 3 carrots cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can beef broth 32 fl oz
- 1 large celery stalk cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced, or to taste
- 1 can 14.5 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 2 peeled and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces
- 1 15.25 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15 oz. can green beans, drained
- 1 15 oz. can peas, drained
- In a slow cooker set on High, combine the beef broth, carrots, celery, parsley, celery seed, and bay leaves; cover and cook until the vegetables are tender for about 2 hours.
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the ground beef, onion, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently to break the beef into small pieces, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the beef is browned and no longer shows pink areas.
- Remove the fat from the beef mixture and stir in the stewed tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, and cook until the tomatoes are broken up into small pieces.
- In the slow cooker, combine the potatoes, corn, green beans, and peas, then add the beef mixture. Stir everything together, cover the slow cooker, and set it to High.
- Cook for 4 hours.
Nutritional Information: Calories - 362 | Protein - 23.7g | Carbohydrates - 45.6g | Fat - 10.8g | Cholesterol - 49.6mg | Sodium - 1182mg
Barbecued Bean Soup
BBQ Bean Soup
- 1 lb Great Northern beans soaked
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 med Onion chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 2 lb Beef short ribs
- 6 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Barbecue sauce
- Except for the barbecue sauce, combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on Low for 10 to 16 hours, covered.
- Remove the short ribs and separate the meat from the bones before serving.
- Return the meat to the Slow Cooker.
- Before serving, stir in the barbecue sauce.
Nutritional Information: Calories - 505 g 58 % | Fat - 56.2 g 86 % | Cholesterol - 114.9 mg 38 % | Sodium - 1119.8 mg 46 % | Carbohydrate - 53.1 g 17 % | Dietary Fiber - 15.9 g 63 % | Protein - 39 g 78 %